Dream awake ! India has got huge educated human resources with tremendous knowledge, However its unfortunate that the platform one needs to portrait their skills is overcrowded and the dreams dreamt awake are literally getting slipped away in the sleep. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has now become the role of every individual not only in India but all over. “Make in India”,”Swach Bharat” , “Beti bachav beti padav” , “Yoga” etc. This time “Digital India” has been brought into the limelight. School going kids, Teenagers, Youth and even the old aged people are awestruck by this new thought which has oiled the lamp of revolution. Once this gets implemented India gets transformed into one of the best hub for technology, education and fastest means of transferring information.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched “Digital India Week” at a function in Delhi attended by top business leaders like Mukesh Ambani of Reliance and the Tata Group’s Cyrus Mistry. The programme comprises of various initiatives, each targeted to prepare India for becoming a knowledge economy and for bringing good governance to citizens through synchronized and co-ordinated engagement of the entire government.
“Digital India” programme has been envisaged and coordinated by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) in collaboration with various Central Ministries/Departments and State Governments. The Prime Minister as the Chairman of Monitoring Committee on Digital India, activities under the Digital India initiative is being carefully monitored.
The main vision of Digital India is to provide
- Every citizen should easily utilize Digital infrastructure
- Governance and services on demand
- Digital empowerment of citizens.
With the above vision, the Digital India programme aims to provide
- Broadband Highways
- Universal Access to Mobile Connectivity
- Public Internet Access Programme
- E-Governance: Reforming Government through Technology
- eKranti – Electronic Delivery of Services
- Information for All
- Electronics Manufacturing: Target Net Zero Imports
- IT for Jobs and Early Harvest Programmes
Crucial points framed in this project
- E-governance could be possibly changed to M-governance soon. M stands not only for Modi but also “Mobile”. The interesting thing about this is that Modi has launched a Mobile application too.
- Make in India is important but ‘Design in India’ is equally important for digital India. We need to create products in different languages and age group. It is a market of 125 crore people.
- This project involves a huge Budget which is around 4.5 lakh crores (INR). Added to this , it also provides 18 lakh job opportunities.
- Similar to the bank lockers, digital godowns would be set up where all the important information can be stored.
- Even a child get to understand the significance of a digital power and would put toys aside rather gets involved in knowing the concept behind it.
- eSign framework would allow citizens to digitally sign a document online using Aadhaar authentication.
National Scholarships Portal is said to be a one stop solution for end to end scholarship process right from submission of student application, verification, sanction and disbursal to end beneficiary for all the scholarships provided by the Government of India.
- India must take the lead in cyber security through innovation.
The estimated impact of Digital India by 2019 would be cross cutting, ranging from broadband connectivity in all Panchayats, Wi-fi in schools and universities and Public Wi-Fihotspots. The programme will generate huge number of IT, Telecom and Electronics jobs, both directly and indirectly. Success of this programme will make India Digitally empowered and the leader in usage of IT in delivery of services related to various domains such as health, education, agriculture, banking, etc,” the govern ..